Facebook is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms that is used for both personal and business needs. As it’s one of the earliest social media platforms, it has more than one billion active users.
While Facebook can be used for plenty, one of the most popular features of Facebook is communication. More than 15 billion messages are exchanged on Facebook Messenger alone, and it is also one of the leading messengers in the world.
Even though individuals use Facebook for regular messaging purposes, it also has a secret conversation feature that makes the app incredibly popular. In this article, we will show you how to read Facebook messages without the other person knowing.
What Are Secret Conversations in Messenger?
So, what exactly are secret conversations in Messenger? It is exactly what the name suggests. With secret conversations, you will be able to have private conversations with someone else.
As this conversation will not appear in your regular conversations, nobody will know that you have been chatting with that particular person. Similar to Snapchat, your secret conversation history will disappear after it is read.
With the secret conversation history on Messenger disappearing, it makes the app popular for private conversations, sending private images, and more.
With secret conversations, you are not able to save, copy or even forward the messages. If you screenshot them, the sender will also be notified. With that, there’s the question of how to track secret conversations on Facebook?
How Do I Start a Secret Facebook Conversation?
Here is how you would go about starting a secret Facebook conversation:
- Go to the Facebook Messenger application and create a new message.
- Tap on ‘Secret’ before typing your message to that individual.
- Open an existing conversation that you already have with someone.
- Tap the contact’s name that is currently on the top of your conversation and enable the secret conversation feature.
Now that you know how to go about sending a secret message to someone, you might wonder how to find secret conversations on Messenger. Not to worry, as we will go into more detail about that later.
The Need to Read Secret Facebook Conversations
There are many reasons why you could be considering reading someone’s secret Facebook conversations:
One of the main reasons why someone wants to read someone’s secret Facebook conversations is because they’re suspicious of their behavior.
Perhaps they’ve noticed that their significant other or partner has been more secretive or going out more than usual. Checking the secret Facebook conversations could help with confirming these suspicions.
In this technological age, it is possible to meet everyone and anyone on the internet. Perhaps you’re worried that your child, friend, or significant other may be talking to someone with bad intentions.
You could be concerned about the conversations that they may be having or even image and video files that they may be exchanging with each other on secret Facebook conversations.
With all that in mind, the below will go into further detail on how to find secret messages on Facebook.
What Is an Archive and How Do I Find It?
An archive is essentially messages that someone has deemed as no longer active and has decided that the app can ‘store’ them somewhere else.
Unlike deleted messages, however, archived messages can still be restored as they have not been completely removed from the app.
Here is how you would go about restoring a secret conversation that has been archived on Messenger:
- Go to Facebook Messenger and select ‘Recent Conversations.’
- Just by keying in the search area, you should be able to view the conversation that has been previously archived.
- Tap the three-dot icon before selecting ‘hidden chats.’
- With that, you will be able to restore the conversation to the Facebook Messenger inbox with ease.
If you noticed that even after doing so, you are not able to find the archived chat that you are looking for, it might be possible that the conversation has gone to the spam folder.
Here’s how you would go about restoring a conversation from the spam folder:
- Log in to the Facebook Messenger account.
- Select ‘message requests.’
- Head into the spam or filtered messages section.
- Once you have found the message that you are looking for, go ahead and restore it into the inbox, and you’ll be all good to go.
How to View Secret Conversations in Messenger Using User Credentials?
Want to know how to view secret conversations on Messenger? There are a few ways that you can go about doing so with user credentials.
If you suspect that someone is sending harmful or inappropriate messages to your loved ones, secret conversations are definitely the right place to look.
So, how to see secret conversations on Messenger? If you are close to the person whose messages you want to read, you can easily borrow their cell phone and follow these steps:
- Head into the individual’s Facebook Messenger.
- Go into their ‘Chats before locating the edit icon situated on the top right.
- Click ‘Secret’ before selecting the conversation that you would like to take a look at accordingly.
If the individual is liaising with someone that isn’t a friend, however, it’s important to note that the message will not appear in regular chats.
If you would like to locate a message that has been sent through by someone that isn’t the individual’s friend, here is how you would go about doing so:
- Open the target’s Facebook in a browser.
- Select the ‘Messages’ icon situated on the top right.
- Pick ‘Message Requests’ that is located next to the button that says ‘Recent.’
- Click ‘filtered requests,’ and you will be able to see secret Facebook messages from individuals who are not yet their friends on Facebook.
While both these methods do work, they do have a couple of flaws.
- You will not be able to see these messages happening in real-time, and you will also not be able to save them to your phone. If you are looking for evidence, this can be a frustrating problem.
- When you log into someone’s Facebook account, they will be logged out and will know that someone has been looking at their account.
With that, it is likely that they will change their password, and you will not be able to access their Facebook anymore.
- If the target person has set a timer on their secret conversations, all the messages will be automatically erased after being read. What this means is that you will not be able to find these secret chats.
How to View Deleted Secret Conversations in Someone Else’s Messenger?
If you want to view deleted secret conversations in someone else’s Messenger, restoring the deleted messages is the only way to do this.
You can only restore the deleted messages if the secret conversation has been archived or moved to the spam folder. You cannot restore conversations that have been completely deleted from Facebook Messenger.
To do so, you need:
- Access the target individual’s Facebook Messenger before selecting ‘Recent Conversations.’
- Use the search tool to find the conversation before tapping the three-dot icon and choosing ‘Hidden Chats.’
- Once that is done, you can restore the conversation to the inbox accordingly.
If the conversation has been archived, you can restore it from the spam folder. With that, you need:
- Go to ‘Message Requests.’
- Head to the spam or filtered section.
- Restore inbox.
How Do I Track Secret Facebook Conversations Using a Third-Party mSpy App?
Whether it be wondering how to see secret conversations on Facebook Messenger with an iPhone or an Android, there’s no better way to do this than with a third-party app like mSpy.
mSpy is a fantastic option as it not only allows you to see Facebook messages remotely, but you’re also monitoring in real-time. With mSpy, you will also have access to all of their other social media platforms, such as Instagram and Snapchat.
Other features that mSpy comes with include being able to monitor text messages, browser history, GPS locations, and more.
Compatible with both iOS and Android, mSpy is exceptionally easy to install and only requires a few steps. Jailbreaking is also not required, and they have great customer support.
Here’s how you would go about installing mSpy:
- Head to the mSpy website and create a free account.
- Proceed to choose a subscription that suits your needs – whether that be for a month, three months, etc.
- Once you have purchased the subscription of your choice, you will receive a welcome letter from mSpy with installation instructions. Make sure you’re following the steps to set up mSpy properly.
- After installation is complete, log in to the mSpy Control Panel, and you can select if you are monitoring on an Android or iOS device.
- Give mSpy some time to collect the data, and it’ll be all set to start monitoring the target device.
Is It Legal to View Secret Conversations on Facebook?
This really depends on the purpose of why you are viewing these secret conversations in the first place.
If you are monitoring your underage children, you are legally allowed to do so. However, if you are monitoring an adult individual’s activity, you would need to have received their consent.
If you have not received their consent, monitoring their conversations can be considered a violation of privacy and could result in a fine.
Whether you’ve always wondered, ‘how can I see my secret conversation history’ or even someone else’s conversation history on Facebook, it isn’t that difficult to do so.
As seen above, there are plenty of methods for you to choose from. You simply have to select one that suits your needs best.
Out of all the methods, however, using a spy application would be the most reliable. Not only will you get all of the information in real-time, but it also comes with plenty of other features.
In addition, you can also access messages that have already been deleted along with other social media platforms.
With the other methods, while they do work, you not only run the risk of getting caught, but they have a chance of backfiring – especially if the secret conversation has already been deleted.