Technology has integrated into our lives gradually. It is easier to run errands with the checklist in our smartphones, and it is so much comfortable to have your mobile phone remind you to buy milk on the way home. No businesses or enterprises can be imagined without software.
Even children can’t avoid the technology integration: the majority of kids already own smartphones or tablets and use such devices every day for educational and entertaining purposes. But, when adults can understand how to apply technology wisely, children need parental supervision while using tech.
Luckily, most of the parents use parental control app to monitor kid’s online activity. mSpy is one of such apps. We tested the mSpy app and prepared a short overview of this monitoring app. Check the mSpy review to discover whether it works for you.
What Is mSpy App?
mSpy is the powerful parental control software for both Android and iOS devices. mSpy provides insights into text messages, allows to track GPS location and capture key logs on the kid’s smartphone.
mSpy is compatible with both rooted and unrooted Android devices. Although, the functionality of the mSpy app is more advanced for rooted smartphones. So, if you want to use advanced features, it’s better to get your kid’s Android rooted.
The mSpy app runs perfectly on iOS 13+ and the latest. mSpy covers no-jailbreak subscription for iPhones monitoring, that’s why you don’t need to jailbreak your child’s iPhone to start controlling it with mSpy.
How Does mSpy Work?
mSpy tracks data on the mobile device of your child. It tracks text messages, device’s location and monitors social media use to present you with a detailed overview of your kid’s activities. Then mSpy transfers the collected information to your personal Control Panel.
To check the activity, you need to log in to your Panel. Here you will see the list of all the activities on the left. mSpy will store the logs in your Panel and update them from time to time. You can set an update interval on your own. Just click Device Management in your Panel and set the preferred interval.
What Features Does mSpy Have?
mSpy covers three subscription packages for efficient device monitoring. You can choose between Basic and Premium subscription for Android devices. For iPhone monitoring, there is No-jailbreak plan.
Here is the brief overview of mSpy most requested features:
- Keylogger – Keylogger allows you to find out what your child types on their mobile phone. Be it text messages or login credentials, mSpy captures all the keystrokes on the target device.
- WhatsApp Tracker – Almost all tweens and teens have at least one social media account. That’s why WhatsApp monitoring is a top required feature. With mSpy you can check your kid’s messages on WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat and other IMs.
- Location Tracker – mSpy follows the target device and reflects its current location in your Control Panel. Moreover, the app will notify you when the child reaches or leaves the pre-defined location (e.g., school, home, local cafe, etc.).
- Apps Blocking – With mSpy you can view the list of apps installed on your kid’s devices and block those you don’t want your child to use. You can restrict access to some apps to ensure your kid doesn’t procrastinate.
- Internet Filtering – mSpy will help you create a safe online environment for the child by blocking websites, which contain inappropriate material. You can add the site to the blacklist, and your kid won’t be able to enter it again.
- Multimedia Files Monitoring – The mSpy app accesses the photo gallery on the kid’s device and collects the multimedia files stored there. Enter your Control Panel to check what pictures and videos your child takes.
How Do I Install mSpy?
To install mSpy, you need to purchase a subscription plan. Once you submit a payment, you will get a welcome letter with your login credentials to enter the site. Use the credentials to log in to your Control Panel.
Installation guidelines can be found in your Panel. Follow the guidelines to install the mSpy app on the target Android device of your kid.
For iPhone monitoring, no installation is required. You only need to provide your kid’s iCloud credentials and turn the iCloud backup on.
Is It Legal To Use mSpy?
The mSpy software was designed strictly for parental control purposes. You can only use the mSpy software legally if:
- You plan to monitor your underage kid’s mobile phone usage;
- You plan to install the mSpy app on your device.
mSpy stresses on the fact that it is your responsibility to decide whether you have a right to monitor someone’s activity or not.
Best mSpy alternatives
Truth.Best Team Recommendations
mSpy does include no-jailbreak plan, which makes iPhone monitoring possible. Look through the list of pros and cons of the mSpy app to decide whether it is the right choice for you: